Blarghour Farm Cottages is working with Green Tourism to minimise the impact of its activities on the environment and where possible take steps to a more sustainable life, closer to nature…
How are we helping:
- Nature Diary – placed in each cottage for you to share your sightings and good wildlife spotting locations in Argyll.
- Renewable Electricity – on the farm we generate electricity from both hydro (water) and wind-power.
- Red Squirrel feeders.
- Nesting Boxes.
- Local Food Producers – information on where to buy local food is in your cottage.
- Minimise Waste – we ask your help in recycling paper, cardboard, tins, plastic(excluding plastic wrap) and glass, and we are happy to recycle batteries.
- Each cottage has a septic tank so we use only eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Being efficient – lighting in our cottages is gradually being updated to LEDs and showers are equipped with eco showerheads.
- Fishing Permits – permit sales help support the good work of the Loch Awe Improvement Association.
Delight in simple pleasures:
- Walks – guests are welcome to walk on the farm, maybe to the wee waterfall on Allt Blarghour, to the old ruined settlements or An Sidhean viewpoint. Along the towpath by Crinan Canal is a lovely walk on a day out.
- Herb Garden – enjoy fresh herbs from the small herb planter by each cottage
- The night sky – will you spot the International Space Station? Will you be lucky enough to see a meteor shower or the northern lights? We have dark skies and you will find the Collins Guide to the Night Sky in each cottage.
- Bird song, wild flowers and the colours of the season … all simple pleasures
Respect the Environment
Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photographs, kill nothing but time